How to make tequila brewed with coffee ?
Friday night, you’re tired of your week, we understand that! You probably need a drink or coffee or both. So rather than having a series of coffees, make yourself a good tequila infused with coffee and flavoured with vanilla !
- 1 split vanilla bean (bean)
- 20 oz of white tequila
- 1/2 oz freshly ground
- 1/2 oz of simple Demerara syrup
- Simple Demerara syrup : 7 oz of water/ 1/2 oz of cane sugar or granulated sugar (raw) / 1 tablespoon of corn or gold syrup (optional)
Cocktail recipe :
- Add a vanilla pod to your tequila and let it steep for 24 to 72 hours (check daily, as you want a mild vanilla taste; if you leave it too long, it becomes too floral).
- When your vanilla infusion is ready, remove the vanilla pod, then add the ground coffee and shake it well. Place the tequila in the freezer for at least 72 hours.
- Pass through a coffee filter, then add a little syrup to taste. Shake well.
Demerara Simple Syrup :
- Boil the water in the pan and gently add the sugar. Lower the heat and stir constantly with a wooden spoon for 3 to 5 minutes until all the sugar is dissolved and the syrup is clear.
- Turn off the heat and allow to cool. Although flowing, pour into a sterilized glass jar or through a funnel into a sterilized glass bottle with stopper. Adding a spoonful of gold syrup to the cooled mixture will help keep it smooth. Store in the refrigerator for up to six weeks.
Don’t drink and drive. Enjoy responsibly.