Check out the Spirits Hunters European Gin Competition©
The Spirits Hunters European Gin Competition© is an international cocktail tutorial competition involving gin brands from all over the world. The competition presents a unique judging format, unaffected by industry bias through voting on Instagram and with a finale taking place at a renowned bar in Paris.
If you’re a gin brand, join the competition here:
European Gin Competition in 5 steps
1. The bartender representing the gin brand will prepare a cocktail tutorial with the gin, (brands can also use a pre-existing cocktail video) and submit it to Spirits Hunters. Or send any video of the gin that best represents the brand.
2. Spirits Hunters posts the videos on @spiritshunters_mag Instagram and they will be voted on Instagram by professionals of the industry.
3. Selection of the Top 5: The five best videos are selected and participate in the grand finale.
4. Grand Finale. The cocktails will be recreated by a professional bartender.
5. The cocktails will be tasted and judged by a professional jury for their video and taste at a bar in Paris and select the winner. All brands will be seen around the world.
The European Gin Competition© will take place online via Instagram for a duration of one month, and the videos will be shown for one month. This will happen between April and June.
Conditions of participation
– Participation in the Spirits Hunters European Gin Competition© implies being:
– A gin brand and professional bartender,
– 21 years of age or older,
Principles of content creation
Videos can be funny, friendly, creative, but most importantly they should be smart and respectful and comply with the rules defined below.
Create a video tutorial not longer than 1:00 minute showing the preparation of a gin-based cocktail.
The video must:
◾Be in horizontal format or vertical, but with a horizontal frame over the main element centered.
◾Include the recipe in the video. Be didactic!
◾The cocktail must imperatively be prepared with the gin brand of the contestant’s brand as the main spirit.
◾The cocktail recipe must have an original name.
*The Organizer reserves the right to reject any video if it is deemed inappropriate, not in accordance with the policy regulations on alcohol and the image of the Organizing Company. No prior agreement will be required.
*It is forbidden:
– To use ingredients/tools containing tobacco, any type of drug or psychotropic ingredients in the creation of your digital content;
– To use people under the legal drinking age and to represent illegal, irresponsible or immoderate consumption;
– Include any person who is using;
– To associate in any way whatsoever the videos, photos:
*with acts of bravado, dangerous or antisocial;
*sex or sexual performance;
– References to stronger mental or physical abilities;
– Showing and/or quoting brands of any product.
Selection of the Top 5 of the Spirits Hunters European Gin Competition©
The best 5 cocktail tutorials will be selected through a closed vote on Instagram by industry professionals.
Selection of the winner of the Spirits Hunters European Gin Competition©
The winner of the Spirits Hunters European Gin Competition© will be selected by a group of select judges from the industry at a renowned bar in Paris where the cocktails will be recreated by a professional bartender.
Authorization to transfer rights
Participation in the competition implies the assignment of intellectual property rights to Spirits Hunters.
In this respect, each participant assigns to Spirits Hunters, free of charge and on an exclusive basis:
– All rights of reproduction and representation of the identification elements of the videos and creations presented within the framework of the competition, including names, compositions, visual and textual content (hereinafter “the Contents”);
– These rights concern the right to fix, digitize, reproduce, copy, record, edit, represent, broadcast the Contents, in whole or in part, in all formats, without limitation of number, by all means and on all digital media allowing them to be communicated to the public, in particular via the Organizer’s social networks and communication media.
The Assignment is granted for any use and distribution of the Contents related to the institutional activity of raising awareness on drunk driving, excluding any advertising and commercial activity. The Assignment is granted for the entire world, and for the entire legal term of copyright protection, in accordance with French and foreign legislation and international conventions, both current and future, including any extensions that may be made to this term.
Spirits Hunters undertakes to respect the moral rights of the authors of the Contents, in particular by affixing the following copyright notice: ” © Spirits Hunters/ Name of the author “. Any use of the Contents must systematically be accompanied by this mention.
Each participant guarantees the Organizer:
– That the Contents are entirely original and that they do not constitute a counterfeit of a pre-existing creation;
– That he or she has not introduced into his or her work any reminiscence or resemblance that could violate the rights of a third party.
Each participant also guarantees the Organizer:
– Against any action, claim, demand, eviction whatsoever, on the part of any person invoking an intellectual property right that the Contents would have infringed.
Consequently, each participant undertakes to make his personal case of any claim and/or procedure formulated against the Organizer which would be directly or indirectly related to these Contents, as well as to take charge of the expenses of any nature to ensure his defense, including the lawyer’s fees.
Your personal data (surname, first name, age, e-mail address, country, city, instagram account username) are processed by the Company Spirits Hunters, which technically manages the competition, acting as recipient and data controller.
The personal data collected is mandatory. If you do not provide the required data, you will not be able to participate in the Contest.
This data is exclusively intended for the Organizer for the sole purpose of taking into account your participation in the Contest, managing the winners, and awarding the prizes.
The data collected will be kept until the winner have been designated and then destroyed.
Spirits Hunters is bound by professional secrecy with regard to this data, and undertakes to ensure that none of the personal information you have provided will be transferred or transmitted in any way whatsoever to third parties.
In accordance with the European Regulation 2016/679 of April 27, 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data, any participant has a right of access and rectification to the information concerning him/her, as well as a right of opposition, the right to limit the processing and the right to erase it within the framework permitted by the European Regulation.
To exercise these rights, you can send your request to the following address: Spirits Hunters, 13 Avenue de Clichy, 75017, Paris.
Participation in the contest implies knowledge and acceptance of the characteristics and limitations of the Internet.
The Organizer declines any direct or indirect responsibility in case of misuse or incident during the contest, including (but not limited to) technical problems: network unavailability, malicious intervention, software or hardware malfunctions…
It is therefore the responsibility of each participant to take all appropriate measures to protect his or her own data and/or software stored on his or her computer equipment against any attack.
Don’t Drink and Drive. Enjoy responsibly.
Join the community on Reddit
Spirits Hunters is a community dedicated to spirits and the world of mixology. Feel free to talk about the world of mixology and bartending here!Join