Armagnac: new key figures for the French spirits subsidiary
The latest news on Armagnac, after the Bureau National Interprofessionnel de l’Armagnac (BNIA) revealed their recent numbers
During the general assembly the Bureau National Interprofessionnel de l’Armagnac (BNIA) revealed key figures of the spirit’s succèss. An occasion for the first assembly of President Patrick Farbos to share his point of view on the economic situation.
In addition, Farbos affirmed his belief in the need that the subsidiary demands to keep producers and traders together. Besides, Farbos also affirmed his willingness to organize everything so that everyone contributes to the functioning of the interprofession.
On the other hand, the key figures of the profession were revealed:
- There are 846 holders of stock of armagnac. Among them 682 accounts of active producers and 164 accounts of active merchants.
- 733 winegrowers have the right to 2420 hectares of vineyards for armagnac.
- 18616 hectoliters of distilled eau-de-vie produced in 2018-2019.
- 159.616 hectoliters of pure alcohol constitute the stock of armagnac, 37% most have from 0 to 3 years.
- 16,017 hectoliters of pure alcohol came out in 2018, or 5.7 million bottles. A total of which 1.4 million sold in France and 1.6 million exported. A total of 20 million euros in turnover.
- The top five markets in volume are Russia, the United States, Great Britain, China and Spain.
- The top five markets in turnover are China, Russia, the United States, Great Britain and Germany.
Don’t drink and drive. Enjoy responsibly.