Blind tasting of tequila añejo and reposado
The UPROXX panel blindly tasted a selection of 14 añejo and reposado tequilas.
Each taster had a basic knowledge of tequila.
Tequila brands included:
- Casa Noble Añejo: an expensive tequila whose price is around 74,00 $.
Don Julio 1942 Reposado: strong roasted agave flavour, smooth and fruity. Its price is around 54,00 $.
- Mi Campo Reposado Tequila: one of the tequilas that enjoyed the panel the most and whose opinion was more shared although somewhat difficult to assimilate, leaves a pleasant aftertaste. Woody, caramelized. You get it for $23.99.
- Tequila Añejo Espolón Bourbon Barrel Finished: a tequila aged in bourbon barrels, so it provides a vanilla and woody oak finish.
- Patrón Reposado Tequila: well known, Patrón did not conquer the blind palate of all tasters very well. Not exactly everyone’s favourite.
- Don Julio 1943 Añejo: this tequila conquered the panel. Its fresh smell and taste make it very pleasant, an old classic whose price is worth the taste of a special occasion: $164.
To learn more about this tequila experience click here.
Fancy a blind tasting tequila session?
Don’t drink and drive. Enjoy responsibly.
Join the community on Reddit
Spirits Hunters is a community dedicated to spirits and the world of mixology. Feel free to talk about the world of mixology and bartending here!Join