FactRetriever: there are reasons to not to drink alcohol and drive
Enjoy responsibly ! Learn to taste and have fun.
- It takes approximately six hours after drinking for the body to completely eliminate alcohol from its system with a BAC level of .08 g/dL.
- A driver with a BAC of .08 g/dL is 11 times more likely to be in a fatal accident than a driver who has consumed no alcohol.
- Approximately 75% of fatal crashes occurring between midnight and 3:00 am involve alcohol.
- Additionally, there are spikes in DUIs at 7:00 p.m. and 3:00 pm, which are the end of happy hour and lunch time, respectively.
- Nearly 75% of drunk drivers involved in fatal collisions are not wearing their safety belts.
- Girls ! Know that men and women metabolize alcohol differently.
- Drunk driving is most frequently committed on the weekends.
Don’t drink and drive. Enjoy responsibly.