Vodka and tomato to prepare delicious gnocchi
Making tomato sauce with vodka sounds sophisticated, doesn’t it? Many ways exist to prepare this recipe, follow us!
With this recipe you will delight from the youngest to the oldest. The vodka evaporates during the preparation of the sauce so its alcohol content disappears. However, it gives it a special touch of taste as well as a different thickness.
You can use the type of pasta you like, but this time we propose gnocchi. You can buy them prepared or make them yourself at home.
Gnocchi in tomato and vodka sauce
- 1 packet of store-bought potato gnocchi (or 4 cups of homemade gnocchi)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can peeled and chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup Cajun Trinity (chopped onion, celery, pepper)
- 1 cup heavy whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- A ball of fresh mozzarella
In a saucepan over medium-high heat, add olive oil, garlic and Cajun seasoning. Cook until onions become translucent.
Add tomatoes and vodka. Cook until liquid is reduced by half. Add heavy whipped cream, basil, parsley and Cajun seasoning. Simmer for 12-15 minutes.
Prepare gnocchi according to package directions. Fold gently to prepare gnocchi in sauce. Top with pieces of fresh mozzarella and fresh basil. Reduce heat and cover.
No conduzca bajo los efectos del alcohol. Consuma con moderación.
Join the community on Reddit
Spirits Hunters is a community dedicated to spirits and the world of mixology. Feel free to talk about the world of mixology and bartending here!Join