Distillers and spirits actors fighting against Covid-19
You can get more news about the coronavirus Covid-19 by searching for “coronavirus” or “covid19” in our search engine.
Spread the news
Ethanol from distillers can save lives! Forward this information to whoever is a distiller or has ethanol. Hospital and people are missing disinfectant, and the most important gesture right now is to keep clean hands and not touch our face, and of course, social distancing.
All over the world, if you are a producer of spirits,know that you can save lives by giving or selling your ethanol!
Contact your nearest hospital or call the government sanitary offices of your country, they will guide you to do this.
Please be careful to whom you give your ethanol to. People are taking advantage of the situation by selling very high price hand sanitizer and disinfectant.
Ethanol is a virucide in a 65-80% ethanol hydroalcoholic solution. One liter of pure ethanol is equivalent to 500 hand washes. The objective is to inform about local initiatives such as large mobilizations. Modes of mobilization: ethanol production, hydroalcoholic solutions for cutaneous and surface use, partnerships, etc.
Never before has eau-de-vie worn its name so well…
Here are a few distilleries, companies and groups of spirits, breweries, producers, winemakers who are providing support during the coronavirus crisis.
And thanks to all those we have not listed yet. Feel free to send us your news regarding the Covid-19.
*Don’t refuse the use of an online translation tool such as Google Translate or Deepl, in order to read the information featured below in French or Spanish.
- In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, we’re seeing a lot of companies switching production for the greater good. But what does that mean for the supply chain?
- GreyGoose joins hands with loreal to help produce close to 230,000 liters of #handsanitizer over the next two weeks, to be distributed free of charge to hospitals, pharmacies, and care homes.
- Covid-19 : the Cognac sector supplies alcohol, raw materials, cans and bottles to pharmacies in Charente and Charente-Maritime for the manufacture and distribution of hydroalcoholic solutions.
- Château du Breuil will pay 5% of the amount of the “drive” orders to the nursing staff of the hospital in Lisieux.
- Domaine des Hautes Glaces: distribution of alcohol to pharmacists in the isère region to enable them to produce hydro-alcoholic solutions locally.
- Lyon: Ninkasi will give away its neutral alcohol to create gel.
The involvement of the Cognac sector :
Covid-19 : Houses in Cognac and companies in the Gironde are starting to use hand sanitizing gel
THE COGNAC INDUSTRY IS TAKING PART IN THE WAR EFFORT [VIDEO]
The cognac sector in the battle against Covid-19
- Since the beginning of the crisis, La Fabrique à Alcools has sold its entire stock (800 l) of ethyl alcohol to pharmacies in the surrounding area, which provide a sanitizing gel to care personnel, firemen and other police officers.
Source : https://www.lafabriqueaalcools.com
- Winegrowers are confronted on a daily basis with heavy administrative tasks, specific to their profession. It is therefore to help them in their commercial management
that Solumatic has developed Vitisoft .
- Los viticultores se enfrentan a diario a pesadas tareas administrativas, específicas de su profesión. Por lo tanto, es para ayudarlos en su gestión comercial
que Solumatic ha desarrollado Vitisoft.
- Frank Beer working with local distilleries to turn beer into hand sanitizer
- Coronavirus In Texas: Balcones Distilling To Deliver 400 Gallons Of Sanitizer To Area Police
- Ceylon Arrack, (Sri Lanka) ont utilisé des lignes de production d’arrack pour créer un désinfectant pour les mains à base d’arrack de Rockland. Les bouteilles ont été fabriquées sous la supervision du service des accises et données à l’IDH et à l’hôpital national.
- Bali turns to spirits for coronavirus protection: hand sanitiser produced from fermented palm wine
- Kizlyar cognac factory (Russia) continues to provide financial assistance to the disabled, war and labor veterans, as well as poor and low-income families of the republic.
- Oystermen Gin producing hand sanitiser for NHS staff
- Beam Suntory, a world leader in premium spirits, along with its joint venture distribution partner Maxxium Spain, have donated a combined €240,000 to support hospitals and nursing homes in Madrid and Segovia, Spain.
- Flor de caña Rum is donating alcohol to clients, staff, non-profit such as the American Nicaraguan Foundation and APROQUEN, nursing homes for the elderly, hospitals, The Red Cross, and the Fire Department, while also supplying alcohol to laboratories who produce hand sanitizer.
Nardini created a 79 ° sanitizing solution based on ethyl alcohol, water and natural flavors obtained from the essential oils used for the preparation of our Acqua di Cedro, which will be donated to the hospitals San Bassiano of Bassano del Grappa and Ca ‘Foncello of Treviso
Eau-de-vie saves lives! a special cheer to Alexandre Vingtier who works day and night to ensure the transmission of information.
Don’t drink and drive. Enjoy responsibly.