One logo on bottles to prevent underage drinking
Very soon, bottles of alcohol may have a logo that forbids the underage drinking. More about the initiative in our article.
It is possible that in the future, alcohol bottles will contain a red logo with the indication “-18 years” crossed out. Especially in France, where the largest producers of alcoholic beverages met in the International Alliance for Responsible Drinking (IARD). At this meeting, companies committed themselves to implementing five concrete actions to combat underage drinking.
Among these actions is the imposition of the logo or written mention indicating the legal age on the labels of all bottles produced by IARD members from today until 2024. This alliance is made up of the world’s leading producers: Pernod Ricard, Diageo, Beam Suntory, William Grant & Sons, Bacardi Limited, Brown Forman, AB InBev, Carlsberg, Asahi and Heineken. The presence of such important companies will allow the campaign to have a wide reach.
The announcement is likely to encourage other producers, such as in the wine sector, to join in.
The five actions announced by IARD
- Impose a logo that clearly indicates the legal age requirement on all your products.
- Do not offer alcohol-free extensions of your brands to minors.
- Reinforce the digital barriers that prevent minors from viewing alcohol-related content on social networks.
- Invite distributors and owners of establishments that distribute alcohol to help them better identify the age of their consumers and customers.
- Include all e-commerce actors (retailers, agencies and dispatchers) in this prevention effort.
Via Pernod Ricard and Rayon Boissons
Don’t drink and drive. Enjoy responsibly.
Join the community on Reddit
Spirits Hunters is a community dedicated to spirits and the world of mixology. Feel free to talk about the world of mixology and bartending here!Join