Ginger Bramble New Year’s Cocktail
Looking for that delicious New Year’s Eve cocktail to celebrate? Nicole Brannan brings a delicious recipe.
Nicole Branan, photographer, she keeps a recipe blog. So she offers us her special New Year’s drink :
“It is a variation of the bramble: a drink made from gin, lemon juice, blackberries, blackberry cream and a simple syrup. In my version, I don’t put the blackberry liqueur and infused the simple syrup with fresh ginger. In fact, I compared ordinary simple syrup and simple ginger syrup side by side. Although ginger is not very powerful, it smoothes the drink a lot and makes it much less hard. I really liked it. I cooled the drink with dry ice in the top photo for an extra effect, but you can also use regular ice, it’s still pretty nice.”
For simple ginger syrup :
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 piece of fresh ginger, 1 inch thick, minced
1. Add sugar, water and ginger in a saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes.
3. Let cool, then filter into a glass container and cover.
4. You can keep the syrup in the refrigerator for up to a week.
For each cocktail :
- 1 shot of gin
- 1/2 shot of simple ginger syrup
- 5 fresh or frozen blackberries
- a few drops of lemon juice
- ice or dry ice
1. Add gin, syrup, fruit and lemon juice to each glass. (Add lemon juice to taste).
2. Add some ice cubes or a small piece of dry ice
Don’t drink and drive. Enjoy responsibly.
Join the community on Reddit
Spirits Hunters is a community dedicated to spirits and the world of mixology. Feel free to talk about the world of mixology and bartending here!Join