The indispensable tools and ingredients for your home bar
Follow Jay Khan’s advice to create a home bar with indispensable tools and ingredients to not lack anything.
- A tin on tin shaker.
- A bar spoon. Or any long spoon that serves to mix cocktails.
- A jigger meter. Or any small-sized measuring device.
- Ready-made ice in your fridge.
- Citrus press or manual juicer.
- Limes and lemons, always.
- Your favorite bottle of rum, tequila, gin, bourbon, scotch or vodka.
- A bottle of Cointreau, without an orange liqueur you will pass by many classics like the Margarita.
- Angostura bitters.
- A simple homemade syrup. Learn how to make one with two parts sugar and one part hot water. Mix until they dissolve.
You can read the interview with Jay Kahn in Hong Kong Tatler here.
Don’t drink and drive. Enjoy responsibly.